We know that the apartment search process can be a challenging one. You want to explore all your options so you can get the best price on the best apartment… but that means doing a lot of research and visiting a lot of properties. It can also be hard to figure out exactly what you need in an apartment. Each apartment has its perks and drawbacks, and everyone has specific, though not identical, needs when it comes to choosing an apartment. Once you know what to look for in an apartment, however, you can know what questions to ask on an apartment tour. Here are some important questions to ask yourself during the research process so you are prepared as you move forward with your apartment search.
- What is your price range?
- How many bedrooms do you want?
- How many bathrooms do you want?
- Do you want a backyard or patio?
- What is the maximum distance it can be from your workplace or school?
- What is the minimum number of square feet you need?
- What amenities do you need?
□ Fitness center
□ Gated security
□ Laundry appliance connections
□ Laundry appliances
□ Laundry facility
□ Motorcycles allowed
□ Night patrol
□ Covered parking
□ Parking garage
□ Parking lot
□ Pets allowed
□ Pre-furnished unit
□ Wheelchair access
- What type of lease are you looking for?
- Do you have special lease needs? For example:
□ Short-term leases available
□ Has month-to-month options
□ Allows subletting
<-- Return to Resources