Terms and Conditions of Offer
Where Do I Begin My Search
ApartmentSearch by CORT is the nations leading apartment locating service. You can begin your search at either www.apartmentsearch.com. Find your home using our fast, easy and free service and get a reward too!
What is the Reward?
By participating in our Reward program, you can earn $100 in CORT Bucks and up to a $100 VISA Gift Card. You can use your CORT Bucks at CORT stores nationwide to lease or purchase furniture. You can use your VISA Gift Card at millions of places that accept Visa debit cards, including retail stores and online merchants, as well as mail and phone orders.
The prepaid dollar value of the VISA Gift Card portion of the Reward may vary depending on the metropolitan area in which the particular Participating Property is located. Please click here for a current listing of the applicable prepaid dollar value of the VISA Gift Card portion of the Reward in a particular metropolitan area.
How do I Earn My Reward?
- Find Your New Apartment Through ApartmentSearch by CORT. If you are a website user, you must first establish a user account at www.apartmentsearch.com. Once you've established your user account, you'll become registered with us and have access to detailed information on thousands of apartments nationwide. If you are a non-website user, you must first contact a ApartmentSearch by CORT representative to assist you with your apartment search. Please remember that only leases at properties listed on our website or provided to you by a ApartmentSearch by CORT sales representative (each, a "Participating Property") will qualify you for participation in the Reward program.
- Tell the Lessor You Found Their Property Using ApartmentSearch by CORT. Once you've identified a Participating Property, it's time for you to visit the property. You must tell the leasing representative at the Participating Property that you found the property exclusively through ApartmentSearch by CORT. In addition, you must indicate on all paperwork (e.g., guest cards, lease application and lease agreement) provided by or to the leasing representative that ApartmentSearch by CORT was the sole referral source for your visit and lease.
- Let Us Know About Your Successful Lease. Once you've signed a lease for an apartment at a Participating Property you must notify us within thirty (30) days following the lease signing date in order to be eligible for Reward with respect to that property. Once we receive your notification we will begin processing your Reward for that property. This means you are eligible to receive CORT Bucks immediately upon your lease approval and submission of the proper notification. You should receive your $100 in CORT Bucks within 3-10 business days after our receipt of your completed notification.
Non-website users must notify us within thirty (30) days following the lease signing date in order to be eligible for a Reward with respect to that property. If no internet access is possible please mail your full name as it appears on the lease, lease information (apartment name, your new address with unit number and move-in date), and your ApartmentSearch by CORT Representative's name to:Rewards Program
ApartmentSearch by CORT
8303 North Mopac Expressway
Suite 405 A
Austin, TX 78759
- About Your Successful Move-In. Once you've moved into your new apartment at the Participating Property indicated on your notification, you should receive your VISA Gift Card within four to ten weeks after your completed move-in.
Additional Terms and ConditionsGeneral Applicability. Your eligibility for a Reward is subject to your compliance with these "Terms and Conditions of Offer".
Use of Website in Finding Your Participating Property. If you are a website user, then you must establish a user account and view information regarding the Participating Property on our website before visiting the property and entering into a lease for an apartment at the property.
If you are a non-website user, then you must use our free service through one of our Relocation Specialists and view information regarding the Participating Property from ApartmentSearch by CORT before visiting the property and entering into a lease for an apartment at the property.
Participating Property. We periodically revise the Participating Properties. If you submit a lease notification relating to a particular property more than thirty (30) days after the property is no longer listed on our website, you will not be eligible to receive a Reward for that property.
Identification to Lessor. You must identify ApartmentSearch by CORT as your sole referral source to the Participating Property when communicating with leasing representatives and signing paperwork. If you identify other referral sources (e.g., other persons, "drive by", "Internet", "newspaper", etc.) you will not be eligible for a Reward for that property. If another referral company/apartment locator/person claims that you were referred to the Participating Property by them, then you will not be eligible for a Reward for that property.
Qualifying Lease. You will only become eligible to earn a Reward relating to a new lease entered into at a Participating Property. The lease at a Participating Property must be for a term of at least three months and you must fulfill the terms of your lease. If you have previously lived at the Participating Property (or another property that is managed or owned by the same person who owns or manages the Participating Property) you will not be eligible for a Reward for that property.
Notifications. You must provide true, accurate and complete information in the notification. If we determine that any information provided by you in your notifications was false or misleading, you will not be entitled to a Reward. Persons who submit, directly or indirectly, fraudulent or duplicative claims for a Reward will forfeit their rights to any Reward and will be ineligible to participate in the Reward program.
Other Persons Not Eligible. A Reward is not available if (a) you are a current or former employee of the owner or management company of the Participating Property listed on your Customer Notification, or (b) you are not listed as a lessee on the notification and lease agreement entered into with the Participating Property. Only one Reward is eligible to be paid per leased apartment at a Participating Property, regardless of the number of persons listed as "lessee(s)" on the lease agreement.
Terms Applicable to CORT Bucks. Certificate(s) representing CORT Bucks will be issued in the name of the person listed on the account and mailed to the address listed on such notification. CORT Business Services Corporation is the issuer of CORT Bucks. Terms and conditions applicable to CORT Bucks are:
- Valid for 60 days from Issue Date on the certificate
- Can be used for purchase or lease. If used toward the lease of furniture, lease length minimums apply
- Not valid with any other offer or promotion
- The certificate is transferable
- The certificate may be used towards the purchase of multiple items but must be used on one transaction. Any unused portion is null and void.
- You are responsible for all taxes associated with the CORT Bucks.
Subject to Consent of Participating Property. In some states we may be required to obtain the consent of the owner and/or management company of Participating Property in order to pay the Reward to you. If the Participating Property is located in such a state, then payment of the Reward to you is subject to the consent of the owner and/or management company of Participating Property.
Subject to Our Receipt of Fee from Participating Property. While we do not charge you a fee for the use of our services in finding an apartment at a Participating Property, we do expect to receive a fee from the owner or management company of the Participating Property. Our obligation to pay you a Reward with respect to the lease of an apartment at a Participating Property is subject to our receipt of the applicable fee from the Participating Property. We have no obligation to pay you the Reward unless and until we receive our fee.
Subject to Applicable Laws. The Reward program, and any obligation of ApartmentSearch by CORT under such program, is subject to any limitations or restrictions imposed by applicable law. The Reward program is void where prohibited.
Modifications to These Terms and Conditions of Offer. ApartmentSearch by CORT reserves the right to modify, amend or terminate these Terms and Conditions of Offer at any time. Any such modification, amendment or termination shall be deemed effective upon the date of posting of notice of such modification, amendment or termination at www.relocationcentral.com or www.apartmentsearch.com and shall apply to any and all affected transactions occurring after such date. It is your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions of Offer, as may be amended from time to time, each time you conduct transactions subject to these Terms and Conditions of Offer.
Trademarks. Trademarks, service marks and trade names displayed above are the property of CORT Business Services Corporation or third parties. CORT Bucks, ApartmentSearch by CORT, myRelocationCentral, and ApartmentSearch are trademarks/service marks/tradenames of CORT Business Services Corporation. Other trademarks/service marks/trade names listed above are owned by their respective owners/licensors.
Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL APARTMENTSEARCH BY CORT OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY AFFILIATED WITH IT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE REWARD PROGRAM, WHETHER LIABILITY IS ASSERTED IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY OR NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER APARTMENTSEARCH BY CORT OR ANY SUCH AFFILIATED PERSON OR ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL APARTMENTSEARCH BY CORT OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY AFFILIATED WITH IT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOST, STOLEN, DESTROYED OR MISDELIVERED CORT BUCKS CERTIFICATES OR VISA GIFT CARD.
Governing Law. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF OFFER AND THE REWARD PROGRAM SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND SUBJECT TO THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT REGARD TO THE CONFLICTS OF LAW PRINCIPLES THEREOF.
ApartmentSearch by CORT. ApartmentSearch by CORT, www.apartmentsearch.com and www.relocationcentral.com are operated by CORT Business Services Corporation. For legal purposes, all references in these Terms and Conditions of Offer to "ApartmentSearch by CORT," "our," "we," or "us" shall mean CORT Business Services Corporation.